Thursday, October 18, 2007

Bridge at day break.

I've never been a big fan or Thrice. I saw them a long time ago open for converge hope con; I wasn't to impressed and just kind of wrote them off as not my thing. I was tricked, monday evening, into listening to their new record in a friends car and was absolutely blown away. Now it's getting more time than the new radiohead....i know, a sin right? It's so heavy and beautiful and has great integration of electronics. I highly suggest picking this record up.



"Ten thousand men sleep down with Davy Jones,
with stolen treasure they die.
The open water chills me to my bones,
but it's the only place that I feel alive.

The ocean fog begins to disappear,
I sense that terrible depth.
The open water is my only fear,
but I'll sail as long as I still have breath.

I'm starting to believe the ocean's much like you
- cause it gives and it takes away.
Between the devil and the deep blue sea
- I stare into the abyss.

The open water is an awful thing,
but I'm anxious 'till the anchor rests.

I'm starting to believe the ocean's much like you
- cause it gives and it takes away."

No comments: