Monday, September 03, 2007

If you're someone who regularly checks this blog you know that i don't write much, if at all, here. I like to think that my photos speak for themselves and to be honest I’m not that comfortable exposing my emotions via the Internet. This last year has been hard for many reasons. The loss of my mother is almost too much to bear and at times I feel like the Psalmist who wrote, "I have become like a man without strength, forsaken among the dead" (psalms 88:3b-5a). Being a Christian, i believe that ''All things work together for good, for those who love God and are called according to his purpose" (Romans 8:28). I do believe that God is sovereign and that the things that have occurred are for the betterment of my family and myself. So, I sat and asked the questions why and how. I'm not sure if this is the purpose, I’m not sure if this is the reason, but the one thing i have learned a great deal about is love. True love: The kind of love that brought my dad to his knees while watching his wife being unexpectedly ripped from his hands. The kind of love that I realized I was capable of when my grief exposed the void in my soul that was that was once filled with my mom, and the love of I experienced when I realized someone truly cares for me.

No comments: