Thursday, December 11, 2008

Two photos from last Jaunary's Rain City Fix shoot in seattle.




The older I get the less likely I am, it seems, to go to shows where I’m no familiar with the bands playing. Maybe it's because I’m a music snob or I’m turning into more of a hermit (if that's possible). However, last night Lilly invited me down to the Doug Fir to see Thao Nguyen & The Get Down Stay Down. I had no idea who they were but I gave it a shot. The openers were pretty good. Just your typical indie rock-girl-singer-song-writer-types who dress like old ladies and act as awkward as possible on stage. They weren't bad but nothing special. Thao, however, was fantastic. She was full of energy. Nothing I expected. I hope her records are as fun as she was live.

This weekend is full of fun filled bike related activities. The Bike Film Festival Thursday to Saturday and The Macaframa premiere on Sunday with an alley cat and other events, all of which I’ll be at with my camera in hand.

The times are good.

Thursday work playlist:
Radiohead - Kid A
Radio Dept. - This Past Week EP
Nas - It was Written
Man and Wasp - Close the World Open the Next

No comments: